So Why Is It So Important To Have A Mobile Website for Your Business? …
UK Mobile Website User Stats 2012
Fact: 50% Of Mobile Searches Lead To A Purchase.
- Fact: Web traffic from mobile devices increased 110% in UK and 148% globally in the past year.
- Fact: Mobile searches have grown by 4x since 2010.
- Fact: It’s estimated that 60% of consumers worldwide have access to the Internet via their mobile phone.
- Fact: There will be 1 mobile device for every person on earth by 2015.
- Fact: Mobile-friendly websites create an overall traffic increase of 13%.
- Fact: 1 in every 3 Google searches from mobile phones are local.
- Fact: 20% of Google’s total searches contain local qualifier info like a post code, a city, or street.
- Fact: 40% of all Google Maps traffic is from mobile phones.
- Fact: 60% of mobile users expect a website to load in less than 3 seconds.
- Fact: 71% expect a mobile website to load as fast as a desktop website.
- Fact: 95% of Smartphone users have searched for local information.
More UK Mobile Website User Facts!
Fact: 81% Of Users Prefer Mobile Websites v. Apps.
- Fact: By 2013, more will use their phones to get online versus their desktop.
- Fact: Smartphone users are twice as likely to earn £40k+ per year.
- Fact: 61% of users call a business after a search and 59% visit the location. 90% of these people act in 24 hours.
- Fact: 81% of users prefer mobile websites versus apps.
- Fact: 79% prefer mobile websites for product reviews.
- Fact: 73% prefer mobile websites to desktop versions.
- Fact: 70% of mobile phone users have compared local product prices.
- Fact: 65% have read product reviews on their mobile phone.
- Fact: 81% use their mobile phone to browse the Internet.
- Fact: 48% use their mobile phones to watch videos.
- Fact: 77% use their mobile phones to access a search engine.
(* Sources: Google, Microsoft, Compuware, Yelp, Mashable, Morgan Stanley, Samsung, Apple, ComScore, PayPal)
What Mobile Users Will and Won’t Put Up With
- Nine in 10 young adults spend between one and five hours on their mobile devices daily.
- 66% don’t want brands to know about their whereabouts but 30% think that it is important that offers are close to their location.
- Nearly one in three would like brands to send them promotions via mobile device.
Right time, right place, right offer…
Mobile gives us lots of amazing possibilities and has the potential of being so much more targeted and efficient than most other forms of digital marketing. Mobile Internet Use Nearing 51%
Mobile internet use rose fastest among 16 to 24-year-olds. Almost half of UK internet users are going online via mobile phone data connections, according to the Office for National Statistics. Some 45% of people surveyed said they made use of the net while out and about, compared with 31% in 2010.
M-Commerce Will Continue to Grow:
The Current State of the UK Mobile User (2012)
- 51% of the UK engages in mCommerce
- 42% say they use their mobile because it is the easiest way to research/buy
- 49% on non mCommerce users say they will purchase in the future
- Smartphone users are 63% more likely to engage in mCommerce
Enquire Today Contact Us